Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My Secret Obsession

Well, it's not so secret anymore.....the cat's out of the bag. And apparently I am five years old because I MUST have all of the Madame Alexander Wizard of Oz dolls that you can get in a Happy Meal right now. I know I should be ashamed, but there it is. For the whole world to see. I've even resorted to eating Happy Meals myself since Elliot would MUCH rather have the Lego Batman toys. Blah! He's such a boy!

I didn't even know McDonald's had such cool toys. I found out while I was sitting and chatting with some friends outside while our kids played (outside time ROCKS...see what I would have missed out on if I kept my kids locked up inside all day!). I've already missed my chance of getting some of them, but I know better now. And trust me, against my better judgment as a mother we WILL be going to McDonald's again in a few days. And just in case anyone is worried, I am blushing while airing my dirty laundry like this ;) BUT, Elliot's nutritionist would be proud.....they tell me to give him as many calories as I can right?

I tell people that I want them for Evie. But anyone with higher than a third grade education could see right through that. I mean, come on, she's 9 months old! Yeah, maybe sometime she will actually play with and appreciate them, but for now they just become a big slobbery mess when she plays with them.

I can't help myself, they are so darn cute! You should go get a Happy Meal and see for yourself!!

5 comments:

Jill said...

I have the flower munchkin. Do you have her? If not I'll mail her to ya.

Lisa said...

Mickey Dee's (McDonalds) is the best! i don't think i've had a kids meal since i was a kid. hope you collect all the toys! anyway, just FYI, I've heard that the templates from pyzam.com (like yours) can carry viruses. i use templates from thecutestblogontheblock.com it's very easy and they have close to 300 templates to choose from. check it out.

MJ said...

You are too cute! Did you know you can call ahead and ask which doll they have that day? I have actually driven all the way to other towns for happy meal toys. Yep, we had a craze when the Incredibles toys were there. If it makes you feel better, I secretly love those dolls too! They had them once when Lexa was little and I got them all!

angela said...

I've always been proud to admit I've only taken Olivia to McDonald's once, but I think we might have to go check out these toys. They sound so cute.

Shawna said...

I must be an extra big nerd because I bought the last set on ebay!