Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thankful Thursday

I've seen this on a couple of other blogs I've been reading lately. And though I swear I haven't uttered the words "but Mom, ALL my friends are doing it" in at least ten years, I decided that it would be cool to follow the crowd just this once :) Especially since I believe more blessings come to those with gratitude in their hearts and I have been a little less than grateful today.

So here goes nothing......

1. A Wonderful Husband- who also happens to be a great daddy. Most days, especially the ones that are rough for me, he comes home and really takes charge with the kids. He gives them lots of attention, plays with them, helps tremendously with bed time, and even *gasp* changes diapers. Plus, he knows exactly what will cheer me up......I think tonight alone he has offered me a new shirt, a new pair of shoes, and some ice cream (none of which I accepted, but the night is still young and I can't pass up ice cream for very long).

2. The Children's Place footy-pajamas. These jammies are A-MAZ-ING. For a girl like me that has two kids with very different bodies, it is great to be able to go into one store and buy something that fits both of them. Elliot is a little longer but very skinny and these jammies don't drown him. Evie definitely has a little more pudge to her, and even though she fills them out more than her brother, she doesn't look like she's wearing spandex.

3. Bedtime. Now I know a lot of us crave bedtime because that is the time of day where we can finally find a moment alone, but that's not the reason I'm putting it on my thankful list. I chose to add this because it's the time of day when all the frustration from earlier seems to just melt away. I can share a quiet moment with my family reading a story and having some chocolate milk, and then I can see the good things our kids are learning especially as Elliot can say more and more of a full prayer every night. And then, of course, there are the hugs and kisses. And the "I love you Mommy"s.

4. My cell phone. It has some really cool features on it, like internet acces and GPS, and I was able to use it to help someone today. He was looking for a street. I didn't know where it was, so I thought I would look it up on my handy dandy phone. Unfortunately, there were some minor technical difficulties (read "I don't know how to work the fancy schmancy stuff"). BUT luckily, I was able to use the phone they way they did in the olden days, rely on good ol' number one again (my wonderful husband) and get the guy where he needed to go. And now I'll learn to work all that other stuff.

5. Ice cream. My mantra really is that ice cream makes everything better. And don't even try to tell me you're too full......because there is ALWAYS room for ice cream. If I'm not careful this will end up on my list every week.....in fact, ice cream is sounding pretty good right now. I think I ought to go ask BJ if his earlier offer still stands :)

How about you? What are you thankful for today?

2 comments:

Koreena said...

What a great list. Thanks for sharing it! :)

angela said...

Your posts always make me smile. This blogging thing is addicting isn't it?