Sunday, September 28, 2008

I Messed Up

And forgot about thankful Thursday. Oh well, I guess I'll have thankful Sunday instead :)

1. All of your blogs. I love keeping up with all the blogs that I've found. It is so nice to hear how everyone is doing and to see fun pictures. Especially those that are far away or those we don't get to see very often. Plus, when you keep up on the blogs, sometimes you learn about really cool things. Like if ColdStone was having a free ice cream night!

2. Girls Night Out This is a time when I can step away from my responsibilities and feel footloose and fancy free. I pretty much got two of these nights this week. One was Tuesday night when I hit up the Cheesecake Factory and the So You Think You Can Dance tour with my Mom and sister. It was way fun and I got my cheesecake all to myself for once. The other was technically a girls night in (and husbands and kids were allowed to tag along). The girls from my district in the MTC came over for dinner and we had a really nice time chatting. It was soo good to see you Rhonda, Amy, and Terra!!

3. Brent's good taste in music (with a few suggestions thrown in from Ashley too). While Brent is away on his mission, he is kindly allowing me to babysit his ipod. I'm not allowed to take anything off but I can add however much more to it that I want. But he pretty much has it covered. He's got everything from Rachmaninoff to Killer Tofu by the Beets (anyone remember Doug?). I love it, and I'll be sad to give it back.

4. Three beautiful little letters D V R. Yep, that's right, I said it. It may sound a little silly but there are many reasons I love this invention. I can watch some of my favorite shows (which usually fall right in the middle of bed time) when it is convenient for ME. Plus, then I don't have to watch commercials. AND when Elliot spends a day sick, not wanting to do anything but watch "Bineas and Berb" there are pleanty of episodes saved up to keep him happy......not that that happened or anything.

5. And on a more serious note, Prayer. And having good friends and family around that not only pray for you, but are also there to point out when your prayers are answered. We've had many, many prayers answered here and have witnessed more than our fair share of miracles. And for that I am truly grateful.

3 comments:

Koreena said...

So jealous you got to go see SYTYCD! Glad you got some time out. :)

Shawna said...

Brooke, you are so awesome! I love your blog. You have such a funny way of describing your experiences with your kids! I have to say that I am also really, really, thankful for DVR!

angela said...

I just might have to do my own Thankful Thursdays. (But mom, everyone is doing it!) Such a great idea and so fun to read.