Monday, September 8, 2008

First Day of School!

Three years ago you would have had a near impossible time convincing me that Elliot would ever come off oxygen, let alone be starting school someday. Well, that "someday" came and went on Friday. Elliot had his first day of preschool and he LOVED it! He gets to go twice a week for two hours each day. They sing songs and play games and they learn their numbers and letters too. PLUS, once a month we get to go on a field trip....so FUN!

This month he is learning about dinosaurs and we will get to go to the dinosaur museum. I know he will just love it!

Friday I didn't get much out of him when I asked him what he did at school. He just told me that his teacher's name is Mrs. Redd, there's a boy named Logan in class, and then he showed me his art project. He was all worked up though and wouldn't go down for a nap.

Today he was a little more open. He jabbered away during our entire walk from school to Magah's house. He told me all about how they made necklaces (his said Elliotsaurus on it...so cute!). And then he told me that they played outside, and jumped on the trampoline while counting jumps, they watched a video, and ate snacks.....dinosaur fruit snacks and applesauce...and how applesauce starts with A.

It's only been two days but he seems more grown up to me. Or maybe I'm still being a little lot sappy. Oh well, I'm a mommy. That's my job.

Now hopefully he'll pick up on the fact that the other kids use the potty.....I'm not opposed to that kind of peer pressure at the moment ;)

Oh, and I know I promised pictures. But being the doofus that I am I left the disc at my parents house. Guess now you'll have a reason to check back!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

i didn't know you had a blog. thanks for leaving me a comment. our kids are growing up way too fast. i'm glad that elliott is enjoying preschool. we miss you too!

angela said...

So fun! I wish there was a preschool around here for Olivia to go to. Can't wait for the pics.