Thursday, October 2, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Today, I'm thankful for trials. I know it sounds a little obscure but hear me out. Right now, one of my favorite people in the world is going through something difficult. Something that I never dreamed would happen to this person. Something I know he is hating right now. But also something I've been through myself.

At the time I could not figure out why this particular trial had entered my own life. But as time went on I was able to see some benefits. It put my life on a path that I otherwise wouldn't have taken. It made me stronger, more compassionate, and less judgmental. And now I see another purpose for this trial.....to be able to help this person through. I hope I can do that for him.

Oh, and just because I can't be all deep and thoughtful for too long (seriously, my head might explode) I am also thankful for the A1 Peppercorn Burger from Red Robin......and the leftovers that are in my fridge right now. It's delicious. A million times better than a Happy Meal cheeseburger. If you haven't had one, you need to. Right now. But keep your hands off my leftovers! ;)

2 comments:

Koreena said...

I feel the same way after my trial is over and I can look back and say, "Oh, that's why I had to go through that. I'm so glad I learned such and such." I just wish I could have that perspective DURING a trial when all I want is for the trial to go away.

angela said...

Trials are so hard but it is interesting how they do make you stronger.

I had the most boring dinner tonight. Something spicy sounds so good.