Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Sweet Baby Girl

I spend a lot of time talking about Elliot on this blog because he's so darn funny and he's always doing SOMETHING that needs to be told. But we do have another child that we absolutely adore....and it's only fair that she should get some blog time too!

Evie seems to be growing up before my very eyes. I can't believe how fast she's doing everything. She's been crawling for months now and has been able to pull herself to standing for a few weeks now (she did it for the first time on August 28th...at only seven months old!). And she started cruising the furniture the next day. I'm sure she'll be walking before we know it!

It's funny, the other night we were watching an episode of Wizards of Waverly Place (why we don't turn away from the Disney Channel after the kids go to bed is beyond me...) . It's the episode where the mother wants to throw a Quinceanera (which from what I understand is a kind of "rite of passage" celebration similar to a Bar or Bat Mitzvah) for the 15 year old daughter, Alex. It's a pretty cheesy show, but cute. And I was enjoying it. Anyway, they show some of the different rituals that can take place: trading out a flat shoe for one with high heels, a toast, and the father daughter dance. When they show they father-daughter dance, the dad in the show starts to cry. And pretty soon I started hearing some different sniffles. Sure enough, I turned around, and it was my husband! He was tearing up a little saying how that will be our little girl some day.

Now even though we won't have a Quinceanera, because it's not part of our culture, you better believe that the day will come when our little Evie will want to trade her flats for high heels and will prefer lip gloss over Barbies.......BUT we aren't even to the Barbie stage yet, so it will be at least a little bit. I can't believe how sappy these men get over their little girls. It WAS kind of cute though.

And he is right, they DO grow up too fast.

1 comment:

angela said...

That is so sweet! Olivia has done the lip gloss thing BEFORE the Barbie thing, so just watch out!