Thursday, October 30, 2008

I've Decided

That I am not a fan of "adult Halloween". Or, in other words....."let's see how little clothes I can get away with wearing" day. Last year I went to the mall and I was SO shocked at how many girls were very scantily clad. Girls that I suspect go to BYU. The honor code doesn't just apply when you are on campus! I don't like naked girls. I don't like blood and guts. I don't like haunted houses. Blech!

BUT......

I DO love Barry Pan and Tinka-BoBo (aka Peter Pan and TinkerBell)


I'm looking forward to tomorrow. I LOVED watching Elliot trick or treat last year and he's much more "in to" it this year, so it will be that much more fun. Plus, it's Evie's first Halloween. Doesn't she look so cute in her costume? AND it's Elliot's first school party. Hopefully we make it out the door with the camera and all the corresponding parts ;)

We are going to have such a blast! Kid Halloween is awesome!

8 comments:

Elliot's Magah said...

Amen Sister!

Aprilyn said...

I agree with the scantily clad crowd. I don't want to see that stuff!
I see plenty of girls running around BYU campus in SHORT shorts and tank tops. I'm sure they get away with it because #1, they aren't in class at the time, and #2, they are exercising. I still think they need to dress modestly though.

Those are 2 very adorable kids you've got there. I hope I remember to take pictures of my kids today!!

Anonymous said...

So cute!!!

Adult halloween has trickled down to kid costumes too. It's disturbing! I don't know any parent that dresses their kids in them but some must because they keep stocking the shelves with them...

Koreena said...

Halloween is definitely more fun with kids! I feel the same about Christmas. :)

angela said...

That is such a great picture of Elliot and Evie. She really is beautiful isn't she?

Tami said...

It was fun to see you guys today! Thanks for bringing the kids up. They make me smile.
I agree with you. We went to the dance up at the institute. Yuck! I just don't understand those people.....
I also don't like haunted houses, or the more spooky parts of halloween. Ick.
Hope you guys had fun tonight! :D

Krystal said...

They look so adorable together in their little costumes! What fun.

MJ said...

Brooke, At dinner last night I told my family about Elliot singing Called to Serve. It was such a cute story. Then we spent a good 15 minutes talking about how cute he is. My kids love him!