Thursday, October 16, 2008

Thankful Thursday

This Thursday is already almost over but I thought I would try to make my thankful list anyway. So here we go......

Family We got to hang out with my family tonight to watch the BYU game (I know it didn't end so well) and it was nice to just be around everyone. To just laugh and have a good time. I'm glad to know that our kids will grow up being close to their grandparents especially since they all live relatively close to us. Plus we had some yummy snacks that could also be added to my list. We'll also be visiting BJ's family soon and that is always nice.....we don't see them as often as we would like but we will be seeing them several times over the next couple months.

Along those same lines, I'm thankful for my Mother in Law. I know, I know, most girls wouldn't say that, but really....I am. I've never met her. She passed away when BJ was just six years old. But the things I know about her, I love. From what I've heard, she is a beautiful, strong woman. There are many qualities I see in my husband that I can see in his father but others, not so much. I like to believe those came from his mother. I'm grateful for the impact she made on him during the short time they had together. I look forward to meeting her someday.

The Holidays I know it's not even Halloween yet but I'm already getting excited for Christmas. In fact I have Christmas songs running through my mind :) I'm looking forward to all the most wonderful parts of the holiday season....family, friends, food, and fun! And another "baby's first Christmas". Plus, I have some ideas (thanks to some friends) on how to make this Christmas fun and hopefully help Elliot to know what Christmas is REALLY about.

Target Evie needed some new warm clothes so we went to Target yesterday. I got several new outfits and a coat for her, plus some new jeans and a shirt for Elliot and a few other things we needed for a pretty good price. And the clothes we got were REALLY cute. AND the pants I bought for Elliot were a size 2T! That's HUGE! I couldn't believe it!! The waist is still way too big, but they look way cute on him :)

New Discoveries Evie has been doing a lot of new things lately. She's cruising all over the place and getting pretty good at standing unassisted. She had her first ponytail today (so CUTE...I'll post a pic later). She clapped for the first time today. AND she has said her first word, besides mama and dada, which surprisingly enough (or not, really) is Wall-e. Why not, right? I mean, she DOES hear her brother say it about 5,000 times a day. I LOVE all the new things!

So how about you? What are you thankful for today??

3 comments:

nora.lakehurst said...

CUTE!!!! Oh this is Karla S. BTW and your little boy is darling and Your picture you drew. HELLO amazing. I can't draw. I am totally do stick figures but that is about it. GOOD job! Comon over to my blog and check me out ;)

angela said...

We were totally on the same wave length this week. I spent time with my family too (which doesn't happen much for me) and also got new clothes for Olivia from Target. That store rocks!

Koreena said...

That's so cute that Evie says Wall-e! LOL