Thursday, October 23, 2008

Thankful Thursday

It's that time again. We'll just skip the pleasantries and get down to brass tacks....

This week I'm thankful for/that:

My mom saved all of our kids books. About the 452nd time through "Walter the Farting Dog" (which is not the only book we own but rather we have read the others at LEAST 452 times) I decided that we need some new books. LUCKILY, my mom has boxes of children books in her basement that she was all too willing to share. So now Elliot get's to hear brand new (to him) stories and Mommy gets to reminisce.....and everyone wins!

Macey's. Nope, I didn't spell it wrong....I'm talkin' about the Utah grocery store not the department store. This week they have a great deal going on where if you buy a Stouffer's lasagna for $9.99 you get a bag of lettuce, a loaf of french bread, and a 1/2 gallon of ice cream all for free. Sweet! And yummy too :)

Good friends that will tolerate my talking their ears off and tell me about good deals like the one above. I had the chance to go chat with a friend yesterday (the same one that told me about the Madame Alexander Happy Meall dolls) and she told me about that rockin' deal at Macey's. Plus she just let me chat with her for like a half hour while I left the kids with my husband :) Love ya, Steph! And last week we got to visit some friends we made right after we got married. It was so nice to chat with them for a while and to see their A-DOR-ABLE twin boys. Hang in there Jill and Nate....your boys are precious and they WILL get less fussy as time goes by.

Facebook. I've reconnected with SO manny old friends this way and it's awesome! So instead of just wondering how they are, I can ask them.

I'm sure there are a ton more things I could add to my list, but alas, it's time to get the kiddos to bed and spend some time with my hubby. But what are you thankful for this week? Come on, give in to the peer pressure.....you know you want to!!

4 comments:

Aprilyn said...

I had a really really really tough day with Marshall so today I'm grateful for his meds that help him go to sleep at night. I do the 52 blessings project on my blog every week.

Tami said...

Just wanted to say your blog is cute! :)

Elliot's Magah said...

Yep, I do! And I did!

angela said...

I'm going to add you as my "friend" on FB right now! I'm jealous you got to see Jill, Nate, and the boys. I need to give her a call.