Friday, October 24, 2008

Field Trip -- Take Two

Today was another field trip for Elliot's preschool. After the disaster that was last month's field trip we decided we better be on our A game. I had BJ charge the camera battery last night and get the camera ready. Then we set the alarm for bright and early and hopped into bed.

We got up after just a couple times of the alarm going off...that's HUGE for us. BJ started getting ready while I laid out the kids clothes. Then I made some eggs so as to not have a case of the empty tummy troubles that we had last time. The kids woke up as BJ was shaving and brushing his teeth. Then he changed diapers and dressed them while it was my turn to get ready. There was a lot of other scrambling around including grabbing coats and the camera and making sure the diaper bag was packed. We got the kids to the car, said goodbye to Daddy, rushed to Magah's house and made it to school with 7 minutes to spare....this is also HUGE since we've been late every other day of school for the past two weeks. Woohoo! We did it! We were totally ROCKING this field trip.

We hopped back in the car and headed for the pumpkin patch. It was SO much fun! There was a corn maze and a playground. Not to mention the bunnies and other animals and the TONS of pumpkins. Elliot was here and there and everywhere just having the most fun ever :)

The problem is, you're just going to have to take my word for it. Unfortunately, when I took the camera out to take the first picture I realized we had forgotten one little thing......the stinkin' BATTERY! Ugh!

Guess we didn't rock this field trip as much as we thought.

It WAS tons of fun anyway.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

I can not tell you how many times I've forgotten the battery, or the whole camera, or taken the camera only to be so overwhelmed with keeping my head on straight and not losing anyone (I wish I was joking on that one) that I didn't take one picture. The most important thing is you had fun! Sounds great!

Koreena said...

Glad it was a good time, even without the camera.

Maybe if we planned that much ahead and set the alarm, we might make it to church on time for once. :)

Anonymous said...

Off topic but I just have to say I LOVE your new header and new colors!

angela said...

I've been known to forget to take the little memory card thing out of the computer and put it back in the camera. So frustrating! Glad you both had a great time.