Monday, October 20, 2008

Yikes!

So today I had to go get an oil change in the car. I went to WalMart even though I hate it it's not my favorite place in the world.....it's just so dang convenient. So we left the car and loaded the kiddies in the cart and wandered for a while.

We looked at toys, which led to a lot of whining. That gave me a headache was fun. Why do I torture myself like that? Then we went to look at movies. Then we picked up some diapers and found some tights that just might work for Elliot's Halloween costume (yes, I'm putting my son in tights.....he's going to be Peter Pan, what do you expect?) then we ran to meet Ashley in the cosmetics area. My mom was standing by the cart and was helping Ashley pick out some facial cleanser. I turned my back for what I swear was just a second, and turned back and Evie was no longer in the little seat in front of the cart. The floppy seat was still there, and it took a second for it to register that she wasn't sitting in there. UNTIL I saw a little foot poking up over the top of the seat from behind. I RAN over there and she had flipped herself over the back of the seat into the cart and was hanging there by the floppy seat safety belt around her waist. AHHHH! She wasn't crying at all, in fact she got to her bag of Cheerio's(which I'm sure is all she wanted anyway) and was perfectly happy just hanging there. But she nearly gave me a heart attack! I got her back in the seat and everything was a-okay but it took nearly 30 minutes for my heart to stop racing.

I guess I need a reminder every now and again that I can't turn my back on them for even one second.

A quick side note: She had her 9 month check up today and she is 17 lbs, 27 inches and officially less than three months away from being a year old! She is growing up TOO fast *sniff, sniff*.

2 comments:

Koreena said...

Thank goodness you buckled that little safety belt! The little daredevil!

Krystal said...

Hey, I'm glad to see you have a blog, too!