Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I haven't done one of these in a while and it's time. So here goes nothing....

The Spirit. I've had some interesting experiences this week. I would by lying if I said they were all pleasant, but I can definitely see how the Spirit has guided me through this week. And how some of the things that happened, had to happen at such precise times. There's no way I could have orchestrated that. All of this gives me hope that the Spirit will continue to guide me if I let it. And if I do, no matter what happens, everything will be okay.

My amazing Husband. He's ALWAYS here when I need him. He gives the best hugs. He knows just what to say to comfort me and he knows when it would be better to just hold me and let me cry. He makes me smile and he makes me laugh. He's a great daddy. And he goes out for ice cream whenever I ask, even if it means changing back into his clothes after he has gotten comfy in his jammies. I love you honey!

The Pfizer Bridge Program. This is something I just recently found out about, thanks to Elliot. We have decided to give growth hormone therapy a try because of his small size. He is still not even on the charts. And his peers are getting taller and taller as he stays pretty much the same. Unfortunately, our insurance doesn't cover growth hormone shots because they aren't "necessary". A years worth of shots we might actually be doing this for two or more years) can cost anywhere from $10,000 to $30,000. OUCH! Luckily, the Pfizer Bridge program swooped in and saved they day. They are covering the cost of Elliot's shots. One hundred percent. For the whole year (we'll have re-apply next year). Amazing! We thank them for giving us a chance to help our son be a little taller.

I'm sure there's more, but I better go eat that ice cream BJ just went to get for me....before it melts :) What are YOU thankful for this week?

1 comment:

Koreena said...

That is so awesome that you found a way to have Elliot's shots paid for!! I remember you talking about the possibility of doing that and the cost. That's great!!

My hubby gets dressed again to get ice cream for me, too. We're some lucky girls. :)