Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Verdict

With the holidays and Evie's birthday I haven't done so well with keeping up with the blog. There are a lot of things to catch up. I hope to remember them all and get to them this week, including Christmas pictures and 1st birthday pictures.

But FIRST......

Last year, some of you may remember, I entered the LDS church art competition. I completed my piece in October and sat back and patiently anxiously waited for a response. Well, right around Christmas time I got my answer.

And the verdict waaaaaaaaaasssssss........







NO!

Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!! There was much weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth. Not really, but I was a LOT slightly disappointed. I really thought I had a shot. I got my rejection letter on Christmas Eve (Merry Christmas to me, right?).

BJ seems to think that was a good sign though. That it came late so maybe it made it far in the judging process. Like, maybe they sent the letters out in waves. Everyone was supposed to be notified one way or the other by December 31st, so maybe if it came that late it was one of the last ones(or close to last) cut. Maybe. He's either right or I just have the best, most sensitive husband ever. Or maybe it's both :)

Even with the disappointing news I can be content with the fact that I kept a promise to myself. I promised I would enter the contest and I actually followed through. Plus, it got me drawing again. I haven't worked on my art for quite a long time. Since before Elliot was born at the very least. And if I keep practicing I'll only get better from here.

There's always next time, right?

3 comments:

Koreena said...

I'm sorry. :( But it's still a BEAUTIFUL drawing and one you and Elliot will treasure forever!!

angela said...

I've been meaning to ask you about that. Sorry about the sad news but remember the good that came of it. I LOVE it!

Aprilyn said...

I'm sorry you didn't win but I'm so glad it got you drawing again.