Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thankful Thursday

I have missed Thankful Thursday for the past several weeks so I thought it was high time I started this tradition back up again....

The Disney Channel. Can I just say that this channel is awesome for a couple of reasons? First of all the shows keep Elliot's attention so I can actually get some things done (which is why I normally turn the tv on in the first place, I don't really want my child watching a ton of tv but sometimes it's the only way). BUT more importantly, THEY DON'T HAVE COMMERCIALS!!! At least not typical commercials. I turned the tv on the other day and for some unknown reason it was turned to Nickelodeon and Dora was on. That really caught Elliot's attention so I caved and let him watch it. Unfortunately, not even three minutes later he was attacked by an array of brightly colored, horrendously loud TOY commercials. So then I was attacked by a whirlwind of terribly whiny "I want"s and "I need"s. And before I knew it I was bald from tearing all my hair out because I didn't know what else to do. Okay, that last part isn't entirely true....I still have my hair. But I didn't know what to do. And I apologize that a "thankful" has turned into a rant. To sum it up......commercials = cranky, bald mommy.....Disney Channel = quiet children/productive, happy mommy.

Christmas Lights Every year, for as long as I can remember, it has been our Christmas tradition to bundle up and drive around looking at lights on Christmas Eve. Totally fun. Totally LOVE it, but mostly because it's our tradition. It's not even Christmas Eve yet but I am getting the biggest kick out of the lights this year. Any time we drive anywhere in the dark I hear all kinds of ooooohs and ahhhhs from the back seat. Elliot is completely into the lights this year. "Look Mommy, there's Santa!" "Oh WOOOOOOWWWWWW! I really like THAT one!!" "SOOOOOO cool". Seriously, every night. It's way fun!

My Baby Girl. For many reasons. But on the top of my list this week is that she was a normal, full term, healthy baby. Evie caught a cold this week. Her nose was running the other day and after her nap she started coughing one of those croupy sounding coughs. This sort of thing would have lasted weeks with Elliot. More than likely it would have landed him in the hospital. But we just greased Evie up with some Vick's, planted the humidifier in her room, and said some prayers.....and she's pretty much good as new. Of course there is still a little risidual coughing and runny nose action going on, but it's only been two days. I'll take it! SUCH a difference....and a relief.

Now it's your turn.....go on. You can do it. You know you want to ;)

1 comment:

angela said...

Yeah for Disney Channel!! I'm with you on that one. I have to keep reminding Olivia that Santa will only be bringing a couple things, not everything.