Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Here we go again :)

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies. There's just something about them. Maybe it's the fact that you don't eat them all year round so they seem more special once Autumn shows up. Or maybe it's just that fact that they are cookies. If someone dared me to eat my weight in cookies I think I would be very tempted. I might even do it if no one reminded me that it would make me really sick.

Elliot. Yeah, ok, I'm always thankful for him (and Evie and BJ too) but this week Elliot has been really good. Not just kinda good....REEEEALLLLLYY good. Yesterday I swear he didn't get into anything or scream or whine or throw a fit at all. And today he was good too. So polite and obedient. I hope this is a new phase that will last for a little while. I'm also thankful that he likes to help bake and go to the store with me, even if his Papa says those are girly things ;)

Headphones. For a couple of reason really. BJ can wear them while he's playing his games and I don't have to hear the sounds of guns or whatever else is going on in there. AND when Brent is practicing his, umm, how do I put this delicately? Oh, nevermind....I can't. When he's practicing his BORING songs on the piano, I don't have to hear those either. I still love ya Brent :)

The Scriptures. I love how whenever we read them the spirit is instantly brought into our home, even if the kids have been screaming just a few seconds before. I also love that Elliot gets them. We like to keep it short and sweet, just reading a verse or two and then a little explanation and Elliot always adds something that we didn't explain but that is exactly right.

I'm sure there's tons more I could add but I'm going to go work on some projects while I have the chance. What about you? What are you thankful for this week?

2 comments:

Koreena said...

Isn't life so much better when the 3-year-old is being good?!

I hope Elliot proves his papa wrong and becomes a manly man, world-renowned chef someday! :)

angela said...

Glad to hear he's been better. It must just be their age because Olivia is a totally different kid than she was a couple months ago. A happier kid.

I agree. Anything pumpkin is good!