Sunday, May 25, 2008

New Things All the Time

There seem to be a lot of changes going on here lately!

On the 8th we got Elliot his very own "big boy bed". It's just an inexpensive little set that we found at WalMart. It has a bed, a table with two stools, and a shelf.......ALL of which have Mickey Mouse Clubhouse things on them. He LOVES that thing. I really thought we were going to have to wrestle with him to get him to sleep in a bed after nearly three years of sleeping in a crib. I was bracing myself for a long night of repeating "Elliot, get back in your bed" over and over again. But that wasn't the case at all!

When he saw it, his face got so happy and it was the cutest thing. He even "helped" daddy put it together. Once it was built he kept climbing in it saying, "I so esited, I so esited". And when it was time for family prayer he waited until we had our eyes closed and he climbed into his bed. And then, most surprising of all, he went right to sleep without get out of bed once! And it's been that way ever since :)

Evie has also decided that she's ready to start growing up. On Thursday I went to the temple with my brother and parents while daddy stayed home with the kids. I called home when we were done to let BJ know I was on my way home. He told me that Evie had been rolling over all evening. I was shocked! And a little sad that I missed it. But she's demonstrated her awesome rolling abilities for me several times since then. She's just growing up so much faster than Elliot did.....she's amazing!

This past month just has me in awe of my beautiful children. Every day brings more adventures and discoveries. I'm excited for what tomorrow has in store!

2 comments:

Amy said...

How cute! It's fun to see kids go through different stages in life!

Jill said...

Katie loves Mickey Mouse too! Glad the transition went well - it did here too and I was shocked.